The Naperville Education Foundation (NEF) provides funding to assist at-risk students in Naperville School District 203 through its Kid Booster Anonymous Fund.
The purpose of the Kid Booster Fund is to provide assistance by matching specific and unique needs of District 203 students to opportunities and support which enhance educational, physical, or socio-emotional growth.
The intent of the Kid Booster Fund is to provide a timely response and the “missing link” under circumstances where there is no known family, district, or community system or structure to address the need. This important fund provides assistance in many areas of curriculum and support services.
Examples of recent Kid Booster support include:
- Funds for psychiatric services for an extremely at-risk student whose parents are unemployed.
- Funds for a talented elementary student to attend science camp at Benedictine University whose single mom could not afford tuition.
- Registration fees for a Park District camp for a young girl being raised by her great-grandparents.
- Provision of a minivan with chair lift allowing a physically challenged student to attend an outdoor education program.
- Tutoring for two brothers living with their single grandfather in low cost housing who have had run-ins with the Naperville Police.
- Funds to buy basic clothing for two elementary students whose clothes were destroyed in a fire.
- Provision of voice activated computers for two physically challenged students.
SUPPORT KID BOOSTER ANONYMOUS TODAY
Since its inception, the Foundation has assisted hundreds of students through the Kid Booster Anonymous Fund. In order to better serve these at-risk students in District 203, the Foundation will continue to secure funding from parents, community organizations and fundraising activities. Please consider making a donation to this fund to help students in need.